Monday, April 23, 2012

Shared Appartment

Two days ago, I arrived in the shared apartment. My home for the next three months.

Here it is:

Größere Kartenansicht
The first thing I bought was a T-Mobile sim card for my phone. Running around in a large city without GPS is no longer an option.

Palo Alto is a big (50.000 residents), flat city with enormous houses, enormous cars, and (surprise) bike lanes. Sometimes it feels like that the complete city is circled around its university, the Stanford university. Most of the people I share the apartment with are visiting students there. So many, many people wears Cardinals shirts and even the Trader Joes is full with paintings with large Stanford-S symbols.
I, of course, wear my University of Paderborn shirts, but I only have one of it.

However, I would like to view a Cardinals game. It seems to be the baseball season. Maybe a could get cards for a game there.

Now I search the nearest Starbucks. I have to finish a paper and there is no coffee maker in the apartment.



No comments:

Post a Comment