Sunday, April 26, 2009

Twitter Updates 2009-04-27

  • Wow. Oracle buys Sun! Changes: More wired version numbers for Sun products? Future of mySQL? Oracle is more anti-agile than IBM. #
  • Listening to "Storage Systems". #
  • My Prof. has read the Scala book during holiday and finds the language nice. Maybe we will use it more at the PC^2. That would be nice. #
  • Nice overview about Cloud Computing (including OSS) in current "Linux Magazin" (German). I would like to eval "Eukalyptus". #
  • Removed a very hard to track bug in my master thesis's dedup system (ok, I introduced the bug after the thesis). I like this part of my job #
  • Another talk about deduplication from Santa Cruz that seems interesting: "Data Sequentiality Potential for Data De-Duplication Schemes". #
  • Searching the current mailing address of Peter Levart, project owner of FUSE-J. Sad that the project seems to be abandoned. #

No comments:

Post a Comment